Little Loves of my Life

Little Loves of my Life

Monday, May 18, 2009

Out in the wild


Despite a rough start, we had so much fun on our camping trip. I have to tell you a little bit about the rough start......To prepare for the trip I took our van to a quick oil change place in our area (won't be going there again....read to the end). The guy recommended a radiator flush and said I really needed it, even though I was hesitant. I agreed reluctantly. Fast forward an hour and a half. The guy comes in and calls me out of the waiting room to a private area. He asks me if I was having any trouble with my van before bringing it in, I said "nope, it was running perfectly." He whisked away saying something about the battery maybe. Fast forward another hour.....He comes back and says they don't think it is my battery because it won't jump. I would need to leave it overnight. We are leaving for the camping trip EARLY the next morning. Fast forward a few days (we worked out details of getting to camping after a lot of work), the company towed it to a mechanic and the mechanic told us that the fast lube place ran our van WITHOUT ANY OIL AT ALL!!! Our engine is "ka-poot." Stink. They are replacing our engine, at least they are being nice about ruining our van. 

Okay, on the fun parts......Camping.


It can't be camping without s'mores....
Look at this HUGE bass I caught. I mean, the picture only makes it look small, it was like 14-15 inches (in fishermans term). 
Creed actually did get a big bass (in fishermans terms again) and here he is enjoying it fried up by bapa. 
Water was a little chilly
How come every photo I am in seems to be one like this where I take it of myself? I also love camping (other than s'mores) because you don't wear makeup, you don't care what you wear, and you don't bathe (nice, I know). 

Bapa and the big kids.... Rinn told bapa "Bapa, you are the smartest person in the world....well, besides God." :)
Rinn being a butterfly on the butterfly exhibit. 
Creed is shouting down the chimney in the tower. Bapa, Rinn, and Jude could actually hear him down at the bottom of the tower through the chimney. We aren't really sure if they could hear him because of the chimney or if it was due to Creed's amazing ability to project (which we all have learned to love, of course.)
Of course, Rinn found an animal to love on. 


6 comments:

Kristi said...

Way to go at being a current blogger!! I was hoping to get the raccoon story. What a bummer about your van - but a new engine...cool!
Love your mad fishing skills. What else don't we know about you?

Rachel Castor said...

1. So cute, love those happy faces

2. Way to go on the fish...I actually have a fishing trophy trophy tucked away in a box somewhere!

3. But, please, I wanna see that redhead in her tutu!?! When ya gonna blog that recital? ;)

Anonymous said...

LOOOVEE THESE!! those look super funn!!! nice jobUN FUN! LOVEEEEE THE LAKE! love you all
Maddalie

Shannon said...

Hey Sunny, you don't have to wear makeup when you are home either. I've gotten quite used to that to the public's dismay. Looks like you guys had fun, well at least the smores part. (I'm not much for camping)

Emily said...

Look at how well Jude will cheese for the camera!

ashley lee... said...

looks like fun. don't worry, every picture that i'm in seems to be the same exact way. i guess those guys just don't ever think about snapping a quick shot of us, huh? oh well!