

My "Joyous Song." She really is a little angel in my life. She is my analytical one, thinking well beyond her years. She is very sensitive and compassionate. She is an encourager and usually slow to speak. She thinks about things before she says them (something she is teaching me about). She is concerned for her friends and those around her. She cries a lot not for herself (she is actually very, very tough when she gets booboos) but for others. Anyone whose feelings might be hurt, she will cry. She is a HUGE movie crier.
The only real argument we get into is about how beautiful she is, how she is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She will always fight me on that! She always says that I am (I know, how sweet is she!?!?!) She is being fully honest when she says it. She isn't trying to be funny, she really believes it. She will also remind me that when I say that it could hurt someone else's feelings.
Another thing she does that is adorable is thinking like an adult...a mature adult about food/health. She used to use it to get something she would like. She would say things like "Well, I've already had a cookie so I shouldn't have another (pause.pause)...should I? But now, she has moved to really reasoning it out and deciding, ahhh...I better not. The other day I offered her something sweet and she said "ummm, well I should probably eat some vegetables because I have had lots of sweet things already today." SERIOUSLY. I looked at MJ like, who is this girl!?!? Although she talks a big game on healthy eating, actually getting her to eat very much is not easy.
She is a very analytical little girl. It is incredible the thoughts and questions she can logically understand. The other day we were reading a book and at the end it says "and know that God who made you loves you nose to toes." She paused for about 10 seconds and said "Huh (thinking out loud)....I guess God doesn't love my forehead." ....Yep, meaning that your forehead isn't between your nose and toes....weird, I know.
She LOVES baby dolls and stuffed animals. She likes to sing to them, feed them, read to them, and sleep with them. She also loves to read. Her current obsession is the "If you give a mouse a..., A moose a..., A pig a...." She is actually learning to read (I know, it's way way way early...I would have never tried this with other children and would have laughed at someone if they would tell me they were teaching someone her age to read. She is figuring it out on her own by watching her brother, it's nuts-oh). She is certainly all girl and loves dressing up fancy, painting nails, and doing hair. The other occasional battle of wills that we have is whether or not she HAS to wear something like (God forbid) a cute little comfy pant outfit instead of a dress.
She does the cutest little body gestures with her shoulder and pulls it up (like a little tick) when she is telling stories or thinking about stuff. She also does this really hilariously funny frown face when she is pondering life. She asks me often that when she grows up can she still please live with me in our house. Hehe, I hope that continues on into her teen years :)
She still thinks that her brother is an infant and treats him like he is a little tiny baby. It is hilarious seeing as how he is nearly as big as her. They share the same size shoe. She is very petite, or as she likes to say "fuh teet."
This new year Ree is going to work on her whining :) and despite how incredibly sugary sweet she is, she is occasionally quick to anger...just like you might envision a little red head might be.
I love you, Reeser Rooty!
3 comments:
Oh how I love that girl!! And who doesn't?! Another precious post SK.
She is so stinkin cute! I love her glasses! Just adorable
She is precious and such a blessing!!! What a joy!
Post a Comment