Little Loves of my Life

Little Loves of my Life

Monday, January 11, 2010

Ringin' it in!


We did something super fun this year. I have to give credit where credit is due. My buddy, Rach, is super mom o' the year and she has been doing this for years. I stole the idea from her.

I got little gifts (or used things we already had) for the kids to open on the hour every hour from 5pm to 11pm (we celebrated NY New Year). It was an evening of family fun. Here are the things they opened:

5 pm Streamers/balloons/New Year Hats
6 pm Puzzles
7 pm Games for Game Night We ended up playing "Don't make me Laugh, Junior" and funny glasses
8 pm Stuff to make S'mores and New Year plates
9 pm The 8th Season of Little House on the Prairie ( for some reason I never watched this growing up, or don't remember....I blame it on my mom...sorry, mom but seriously what kind of mom is that depriving her daughters of Little House on the Prairie? and No, I have never read Anne of Green Gables either :)
10 pm Books- Reading time
11pm (opened a little early) poppers/horns/confetti
Opening the first present (above)
Seriously, the below picture summarizes my eldest son's personality
What Jee had to do and the reason we were having "family fun night" and not "out with some friends to celebrate New Years" night....



What Jee decided to do with the stamps he got....
I mean, how fun is this?!?!



This one summarizes how Jee was feeling about 9:30 or so
He did go ahead and participate in the obligatory funny face pic
C and Ree making s'mores with these fire cans that are supposed to be used to keep food in containers hot. Well, they made them and toasted the marshmallows just perfectly. Then I started to freak out that these fires were carcinogens and how could I ever allow my children to eat something made with this fire? Panic set in (welcome to my world, people) And, so......of course, I made them throw those away promptly and we made them in the microwave instead. Sorry, Kids....mommy is a freak.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would totally do the same with the cooker thing. Nathan is laughing saying that sounds just like me. :) *Heather K.

Stephanie said...

sunny, you're the best mom! we didn't even celebrate new years. i don't think my kids even knew it was new years eve! i suck.

L stewart said...

SOOO cute!!! I love that cute girl's glasses. FYI - Kyle makes our smores in the toaster oven and they turn out great!!!

Hope you all are doing well!

Emily said...

I'm with Stephanie, we did not a thing. James and I even went to bed around 10 or so. I much prefer sleep to a party at this point in my life! :)

Anonymous said...

I love it love it love it! So super cute. Your eldest looks as though he can be the next crooner. ;-)