Little Loves of my Life

Little Loves of my Life

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Baby Names, Anyone?

Okay, so there is this deal about the male gender. They don't like names, any of them. I know this is true about the generalized male populace, because my friends agree. It is SO hard to get Micah to agree to names that I like. So, if any of you have any suggestions, we are up for it. 

We like creative, unique names that mean something special, and are cute.Thus, 

Creed- A promise, a Covenant (like the noun, a creed)..True for our little guy because of the trouble we had in our pregnancy, it was like God gave us a promise and we made a covenant with Him to raise Creed to the best of our ability, always seeking direction from Him.

Rinn- a joyous song. She totally is that. She brought a happy song into our hearts and still does. As her song (that daddy wrote for her) says "A joyous song that you bring in, with every little grin" She came into the world during a very stressful time in our family, a time that we needed a new song of Joy.

So...hmm, that kinda puts some pressure on for us. I have names that I LOVE and Micah is at least coming around on the girl name. If it's a boy, we are in trouble if that referral comes any time soon. 


10 comments:

Mim said...

I like Case...kinda like Chase, but different. You don't, but I still like Noah. I think it would be good for a Korean boy, too. I've also always like Beau.(Bo) Not Blanket, okay? I'll get back with you with some more.

lil red head said...

ohh sunny i kno god has the perfect name for the babyk.(i have to admit i am with rinny-PINK girl all the way! but a boy would be just fine also
love your other lil red head
nat

Yvonne and Eric said...

Sunny, I think you should whisper the names you like in Micah's ear while he's asleep - low-tech subliminal messages if you will. I'm not sure we'll be much help here because we tend to lean toward classic names (Matthew is our current favorite for a boy, but it's susceptible to change at any time!).

We've been talking names for over 2(!) years, so Eric's getting sick of it. He wants to wait until the referral comes to see what name the baby "looks" like.

Good luck and I'd love to hear the names you're thinking of.

YvonneW

Dania Efird said...

We've never had this problem. With our son, we just knew he'd be Xavier. And with our daughter. We thought she'd be Peyton until the trip to our last ultrasound and I just couldn't have my daughter named after a quarterback! SO we started completely fresh and found Naia. They both fit our kids perfect. We also, already have the name for our Korean baby if it's a boy! We already use the name all the time, saying "When Max gets here..." It was just a very natural thing! We also had the rules, that A. we couldn't know anyone with the names we chose. B. the names we chose couldn't have a nickname. That's why Max will be just Max. Hope this helps!
DaniaE from the dillon forum

Candace said...

Girl! I feel the same way, Chad never likes any names I like! He always sees something wrong with them. Being from a family of ALL girls, picking out a name for my boy was HARD! We chose Shepherd. I also liked Payne, Pryce, Truett, Gage, Cade, Clay, Cal, Nash, Cash - all rodeo guy type names. I know there are more, but as you can see, I love the name game! I like Beau, too, like your other friend said.

We hope to travel May 1. I cannot wait. Who are you all using? I would like to adopt one more time, but do not want to wait 2+ years.

Dana said...

I like for a boy Caden (also Cade for short). It means battle. And for a girl Cadence. It just means a flow of rhythm. I also like the name Eva (with an A sound). It means life. And of course one more, Tatum (Tate for short), for a boy or girl. It means Tate's homestead. Hopefully I will get to use some of those one day!

courtney said...

We have some friends who have used really unique names for their boys- and I like them all: Kylar, Avian (like maven without the M), and Emerik (like lymric with an E). Hope you can agree on something!
CourtneyS

Dana said...

Yea I got a henna during out desert safari excursion. It only stayed on for about a week. It looked cool though. Even though it is gone, it made a tan line. The part that was on my hand and arm is lighter than the rest of my skin! Weird!

Nicole Knox said...

I already miss bible study!

Anonymous said...

Sunny,
As we fairly recently were considering boys' names as well, I remember one that I liked. Asher means "happy" in Hebrew. He was actually one of Jacob's sons, I think, from Leah.
Paige