Little Loves of my Life

Little Loves of my Life

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Amazing










I have the most amazing friends. My small group at church took it upon themselves to do everything they could to get our baby "k" home. This weekend they threw us the most marvelous garage sale. Seriously, I have never seen anything like it. People came together (some who I barely know...some who I don't even know....and some dear, dear friends) like I have never seen people rally behind something. You wouldn't believe it. People gave their best things, things that they could have sold at consignment or on ebay and bought THEMSELVES some fabulous things with the money. Instead, they chose to take upon our calling and make it their own. I am utterly struck in a way that I have never been struck by God's presence and calling for people to show love. Thank you, Lord. He knew I really need some supernatural reminding of His power...isn't HE so loving? (even when we are undeserving)

Thank you, friends...just doesn't sound adequate. Thank you, Lord. I praise you.

My friends raised $2,245 for our adoption. Honestly, it is such a blessing to have the money. That really isn't all that is so amazing. Just such confirmation of God's goodness to lay it on other people's heart. Okay, as I am typing this....another miracle!!!!!

My friend, who hosted the gsale said that her mom wanted to do something to help us as well (mind you, we don't know her). She has LOTS of points with an airline for frequent flyers that she would like to donate. Just called the airline and checked on how many points it would be to go to Seoul.....her mom donated enough for an ENTIRE TICKET to Seoul!!!!!!!

ADDENDUM: Just got off the phone with our friend who said that the host of the gsale called her and told her about the incredible moving of God....she said that she had LOTS of airline points (with the same AIRLINE!!!!) and would like to donate those as well. 
We HAVE OUR TICKETS FOR BOTH OF US AND BABY!!!!!!!! Plus, cash for our stay in Korea as well as for gifts, etc. 

This weekend, we have the funds to travel to Korea, hold our child in our arms and bring them HOME forever. 

I love you, Lord. Standing amazed in your presence. 


9 comments:

Dania Efird said...

That is so amazing! Congrats!

Rebecca said...

That truly IS amazing! It's awesome to see God working through your journey to meet the newest addition to your family!

Seriously...we need to get together soon!

Brad and Jessica said...

Wow! Sunny, this is a miracle. I got on your blog today after I saw that you guys are quickly moving up "the list" at our agency. You must be sooooo excited! I can't wait for you to get your referral! Praying for you and rejoicing in our great Lord with you!!!
JessicaCo (from our agency)

Anonymous said...

Thank you first and most of all to our Heavenly Father, He is AWESOME! Also, as Sunny's big sis I want to thank all of you who are joining in this amazing journey! What an amazing group of friends my little sis has been given. Thanks for everything you are doing to help my new little niece or nephew come home soon! (sis, you know I'm crying as I write this!) Love, Sky

Lindsay said...

Saaaaweeet! I have chills. Not the goofy kind. But the God is soo cool ones.

Yvonne and Eric said...

That's so incredible Sunny! I'm so happy for you. Know that all of your friends and friends of friends will be rejoicing with you when Baby K is revealed to you and when s/he finally joins her/his forever family!

Yvonne

ashley lee... said...

you're going to make me cry. i love you, and i am so excited for your blessings! God is so good!

Liesl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily said...

I second the "God is soo cool chills" emotion. :) How awesome!!