


So, tonight us girls got to finally do a late night get together to celebrate my birthday, like we always do- SUSHI! I really do love my sisters and momma....we have so much fun together. (I promise that I am going to try really hard to get a picture of my other sis, Kels (I like to call her my other long-legged skinny sister....how this happened to me I have no idea---WAH!!!!) Here are the things we all discussed,figured out, and how we fixed the world tonight....1. How it is hilarious that old people (like my mom) are on facebook and are requesting to be friends with people. Also, along those same lines we discussed how Damien (Mika's hubby) will never accept or request my mom as a friend...apparently he says it is is just too weird. Also, we had the discussion as to why I still do not have a facebook and will not be getting one.
2. How Mika's heartbroken and worried that her dog needs a psychotherapist and anger management classes, or something like that. Ha, I totally remember what it is like to treat and feel about your dogs the way you someday will feel about your children.
3. How Sky's hair has turned totally black (chemo, I guess) and how she and Jude's hair matches.
4. Girl stuff....can't discuss here but I am just so happy that I have my sisters and mom to talk to this stuff about. Well, take that back....I have my mom to talk to about "girl things". Generally, Sky is laughing and Mika is plugging her ears and grossing out.
5. My mom's hair....it's always really cute
6. Mom's taekwondo, concealed and carry license, and jewelry making class (all started in the last three months)....we all call it her "midlife" crisis that she is going on.
7. Sky's purse that she ordered (see photo above). It is hilarious. So, my mom is a little obsessed about ordering in the "black market" for designer purses. She has a cliental.....I am serious. So, she makes these massive orders from her "contact" in NYC. So, all her "clients" have to do is send her the number off of the purse they want after she has sent pictures of the available purses. I may or may not be one of her "clients" but if I was (hypothetically) I would have ordered the cutest little blue coach purse for my birthday. So, on to Sky's....apparently mom had mixed up some numbers and Sky ended up with a Juicy Couture purse that is, well...let's say it's just not "Sky-ish". I think we nearly peed our pants laughing so hard (this may or may not be some of the stuff mentioned above that we discussed in point 4).
8. Something we are finally laughing about.....how Sky acted shortly after her surgery (note: This is in no way funny but it is actually good to finally be able to find humor in it). Anyway, we were discussing how sweet it was when one night she was singing a lullaby to her babies and we happen to hear and be watching her. Well, what am I saying?....we were there 24/7...she couldn't be left alone so we all basically lived over there. Okay, so anyway, we will never forget her singing, slurring her speech, and not being able to control her saliva. It was the sweetest thing ever and tonight we were talking about how sweet it was and we were really, really laughing about it.
Oh, side note...we also always end up diagnosing somebody in the family with some sort of syndrome, disorder, something....tonight it is Jeff, we've decided he is diabetic...we are sure of it. Of course, our accuracy rating on this is about 15% accuracy (actually, that's pretty good, don't you think?)
9. Lots of conversations about the babies, how smart Max is (it's really kind of like freakishly smart, really), how sweet it is that Campbell calls her speech therapy "peach therapy", how Landry (somehow...we really cannot believe it) is the quiet one in her class, how Jonesy is about the lovey-inist kid we've ever known (that baby boy is SWEET) even when he is so sick and seeing a bijillion doctors, How Rinny is so pumped and sweet about ballet and her new phrase is "are you a big fan of _______(fill in the blank)?, how Creed really is growing up, and how JuJu is adjusting so well.
Okay, a few more pics ( I cannot get out of here without a little bit about the babes)
The mean things that brothers do to their sisters when they fall asleep on the couch....it was really humorous (and a little mean). BTW: Yes, she does wear this outfit at some point throughout the day, EVERY day.
Since Rinny is 3 1/2 now, we told her she could try chewing gum again (the first attempt at age 3 was not successful)....The attempt today was a raving success and she was so proud of herself....it was honestly like an hour of entertainment watching her today.
School stuff....Creed not so much into eating celery
Rinn kinda is a "big fan" of celery now.

9 comments:
OK - I LOVED this post!! As someone who doesn't have sisters I ate up every word of your girls outing/discussions. I smiled and laughed all the way through it. It made me wish I was your sister!! What fun. AND, you look so pretty with your hair back and glasses - woo hoo!
Baby! You forgot about Sky's "chemo brain" and how she can't remember some people....at least it's a great excuse! We always have fun and if you were on facebook we could do "virtual" girls night out & invite others! HA!Jill would have had a blast w/us and we could have laughed even more! Love you! MOM
I know, that's true about the "chemo brain"...I have actually thought of like a million other things we talked about too. Mom, I was thinking the same thing about Jill.....man, I wish they would move home, but NYC sure is fun to visit.
Kristi-I cannot imagine life without sisters, I am really serious. It's awesome. However, I think really close, close friends come in very close and are very similar. (You can come out some time with me and my sisters and mom as long as you don't mind talking about girly stuff!)
It was too fun! I am so lucky to have my family, even if we are a little crazy close and can't go a day, ok half a day without talking to each other and worrying about each other if even one of us doesn't answer the phone! Love you and your babies, Sky
Thank goodness for mom's and sister's! It is the best!!! I love being with my mom and sister and I can't wait to do the same with Alli and Emery. Plus, mommy's need a late night out sometimes. I am glad you all are doing so well adjusting.
Love ya ~ Lindsay Stewart
Can I be a sister? My mom has a four sisters and says they are her best friends. I am so excited that I have girls to share this bond. You girls are a hoot.
AWWW!! I miss you guys!!! Wish I could have been there, and it looks like you guys had a blast, Happy Belated Sunny, and maybe when I come home next month we could arrange a recreation. Love you guys! Jill
CELERY! Love it!
what a fun girls night...those are always needed for sure!
Post a Comment