Little Loves of my Life

Little Loves of my Life

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Randomness and JuJu update

It happened!!!! Here it is....One of our many daily walks...notice, I have been working on training the little one to wear a hat. (with little success, I might add!)
On our sugar shack day, KK and Will enjoyed a long walk with us. (side note: what is it about boys not being able to handle the sun in their eyes..urgh!)
Have I mentioned how much like me Rinn is in the area of sweets? We are addicted. I could probably count on two hands the amount of fits Rinn has thrown in her life. At least 7 would be about sweets (the others would be about me not letting her wear a dress). 

So, Rinn got a hold of our icing containers and had a ball.
Another walk day....We are trying to do a walk everyday that is nice enough. It is a nice little part of our new schedule.
Our first time out. I took myself and the kids to Panera to celebrate my birthday. I really needed a spinach and artichoke souffle and part of a cinnamon crunch bagel...I really, really needed it. The venture out with just me and the babies went very well, it took a very long time but went very well none the less. 

Also for my bday, Micah, Jude, and I went on a date (compliments of my buddy Kristi watching the other babies). Our date consisted of some very yummy food brought to us by our friends Vivi and David and a short trip to Target. Jude was mesmorized by Target as he sat attached to me in his carrier. He was a little lover and observer while we were there. I have to admit, I get a little glassed over when I walk into Target too..it's a bit like heaven, I think.
I just now brought myself to taking down the sign...it just brought joy to my heart everytime I saw it. I love our small group.
Rinn enjoying another of her favorite activities after one of our walks (blowing bubbles). 
Big Bro/Lil' bro...

On one of our walks, the big babies got to drive the car. Rinny is really, really dangerous when she drives b/c she gets distracted looking at things but forgets to take her foot off the gas. Watch out!
Jude Update:

Jude seems to fit perfectly with us. He is such a part of our family. Micah has been back to work about 2 weeks now and so we are starting to feel more normal although we have continued our vacation from school (back to school tomorrow though!)

Ju Ju is the sweetest, happiest little guy during the awake times but we are definately still working on nighttimes although he is still happy when he is awake at night for the most part. Still experiencing sadness at night and mostly just very fidgety. We are feeling a little sleep deprived although the last two days we have gotten naps and Jude had a fabulous night last night. 

I figured that the first week would be the hardest on adjustment, but I have found for us, it really was not. I was still on an adrenaline rush and Micah was still at home and we really stayed home 24/7 with no obligations/errands, etc. I have found that as the one month home is approaching (this is when I thought we would be back in the "world"), he is still adjusting (of course) and is not ready to really be out and about, running around yet. 

We have gone a few places and I have really, really found it makes a HUGE difference in his demeanor when we get him off his little schedule and take away the tiny little world of our house. I have never been a huge "scheduler" with my other babies but have found that Jude REALLY needs the same thing day after day after day. Especially during the afternoon and evening hours. we have kept his world so small, even now, but he needs it super small...as in our family and at home. We haven't been back to church yet (I miss it badly) or many places with lots of people, only a few times. When we have been to places like that, he usually does fantastic at the time but STRUGGLES that evening and especially at sleep time. 

I used to be out and about running around like crazy EVERY day with the other babies but I have found that those ways have probably changed for awhile. I think it is God's way of saying "slow down, my friend...take some deep breaths and enjoy your time at home."

I have many friends who are waiting to get referrals and waiting for their babies to come home and I hope that they soon will get to experience the tremendous joy (sleep deprivation and all) that we are experiencing now! Our little guy is asleep and as he was falling asleep and rubbing my arm and cuddlying as I fed him my heart melts (like it does every night) and I am so thankful to God for putting just the right little man into our family, what an honor. I'll stay home in my little house for the next 18 years if need be :)

6 comments:

Dana said...

This is so sweet. I love hearing updates on your wonderful family. I am glad you all are doing so well!

Jennifer said...

Wow I miss you pal! I have been thinking of you tons and can't wait to play with you guys again! The pics are fantastic thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love all the updates Sunny. Jude is just precious as are Creed and Rinn. Glad that for the most part you guys are settled in. It seems like we can't get on a schedule and I only have 2!! Caroline does the same thing, does great when friends come over, but struggles that night.
I know what you mean about missing church too! I can't wait to go back!

The Wehr's said...

Love, love, love all the pictures. Especially the ones you are in with Jude. In every one of them it looks like you're about to burst with excitement!! Priceless

Tracy said...

Thanks for the updates. Seeing that beautiful baby boy with your family really helps me make it through these long days! DO you remember how hard it was.... waiting!!!

I am glad things are going so well. And... sure stay home as long as you have to... but 18... that is pushing it!!! LOL... JK...

Tracy

Kristi said...

You're settling just great. A trip out with all three, by yourself, already?! That's awesome. Once all the dust settles is always the hardest adjustment time - you make it look easy. Just keep taking your time - you'll never regret that. You're family is so precious!