Little Loves of my Life

Little Loves of my Life

Saturday, April 11, 2009

One year ago today....


Lives were changed forever. 

While I was home thinking (and blogging) about baby names for our unknown baby and praying that God would soon reveal him/her to us on the other side of the world our child was being born. 

On that day, many, many people already loved him and were sacrificing for him. 

Today, I am thinking of Jee Han's birth mother. What an unbelievable sacrifice she made one year ago today. I think about how she must have felt. We know a few things about her and the most impactful thing we know is that she really, deeply loved her child, our child.

I pray that today God brings her comfort. As we are celebrating here with cinnamon rolls and candles, presents and songs, she is without her child, our child. 

Thank you, Dear Lord, for the wonderful woman that gave us our baby boy. I pray that when she thinks about Jee Han that you would give her an overwhelming sense of peace that he is doing incredibly well. Give her the kind of comfort that can only come from you. Bless her today by allowing her to have a sweet day. Please put people along her path that will show her your love. 

Amen. 

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Such sweet pictures. Happy Birthday, Jude!!
Julie & Brady

Dana said...

Happy happy birthday Jude!

the rigdons said...

how sweet that you get to celebrate two sacrifices that brought you special live this Easter!!

love you!

ashley lee... said...

a year already! wow! happy birthday little guy! love you.

Dania Efird said...

Happy Birthday Jude!

Shelly said...

Precious!!! Hope Jude had a wonderful 1st birthday!

Joy Pierce said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Jude!!! What a wonderful day to celebrate! Praying for your birth mommy too!
Love ya!
Joy

Kristi said...

How wonderful to be reminded that God is always working and knows His plans for us before we know them. And how wonderful to think of the love and sacrifice and beautiful design that is part of Jude's precious little life.
I love that little birthday boy!

the jordan's said...

I CANNOT believe he is 1 already! Love all your Tol ideas....I'll need some soon as well! Thanks for your sweet words of encouragement....we truly need them!!!!

CourtneyJ~

Janelle Rodgers said...

Your words give me goosebumps....how awesome to remember her in all your excitement this week....

Anonymous said...

Amen....I can not imagine how deep the love of a mother can chooses to give up a child for the child's sake....it's amazing... and so are you for realizing that and remembering her in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks again for sharing ... you are such a thoughtful and amazing woman and I hope that my daughter can some day be the same. - Marsha

Kristi said...

Ooooooh! LOVE the new layout!!!

Yvonne and Eric said...

Happy belated bday Jude!