Stanley in NYC
Stanley got this close to Geraldo.....as you know if you have been around Geraldo, he is not the most approachable man, so....this is as good as it gets.
Stanley at Toys R Us in NYC
You think Stanley would be scared, but as you can see, nothing fazes Stanley
Stanley does heart NYC
Purchasing a newspaper, as many people do in NYC
Wow, who knew that Stanley likes the same kind of people I do.
and, he likes the same food as I do!!! This is amazing.
Creed and Rinn really loved these next two photos.
Stanley in jail---uh oh, Stanley threw back a few too many (as many people do in NYC) and got thrown in jail
Stanley learned the next day that he should just get a cab....
enjoying lunch with Aunt Jill.

Woo-hooo, life on the outside is so great.
And the award goes to....Aunt Jill!!! (it was an aunt of the year award)...Where in the world is Flat Stanley? He's in NYC, of course (just look at the photos and you can tell!). Okay, also Mim wins an award for transporting Stanley for us and taking pics of Stanley too. How fun are these?
So, do you know about my friend Stanley? If not, read about him HERE . The Flat Stanley series of books is SOO fun. Creed, Rinn, and I read them this past year in school. (Well, we read all the ones except the magic lamp one, it seemed a little new-age ish). Anyway, the main deal is this-in the first book Stanley has an accident in which he becomes flat. After being concerned, his parents get the information from the doctor that he has an acute case of "flat-itis." Then, Stanley realizes how fun it is to be flat. His family mails him to California in an envelope and that is where his adventures begin. So, we decided to make our own Flat Stanley to go on an adventure. So, we sent him on a plane with Mim and Sissy (my aunt) and then we have left him in NYC to go on some adventures with Aunt Jill.
Look at all the fun he had....
Side note: I have one more fabulous photo I will add of Stanley with the MAYOR of our great city!!!!! But (remember how I love to obsessively worry) I was afraid that someone on the offenders registry would know who that was and track down what city we must live in if he saw a photo of our mayor on my blog. So, I will post that once the blog goes private...Oh, don't forget, your time is up. I am going private in a few days. If you haven't (shout out to all of you who have, you guys rock!!!) emailed me to put you on the list to have access, do it now :)
5 comments:
Great photos and post! By the way before you go private I would love to be added to your blog. My e-mail address is baxterrudy@yahoo.com
I will have to check into flat stanley! Thanks!
I love that lil Flat Stanley!! Is it weird that I want one myself?!?!?! That is so much fun!
Love you and miss you
Maria
Hey girl! I still read your blog too! Add me to your private blog list if you don't mind. (I'm thinking my email shows up when I comment). We have taken pictures of Flat Stanley for my nephews, I even had to put stitches in his arm when he hurt himself!
JessicaCo
SO fun! No, I have never read these books but we are just going to have to! Especially with our new global studies this school year.Yay aunt Jill and Mim!!
I am so glad that Flat Stanley had as much fun as I had with him! Aunt Jill
Post a Comment