My best buds threw me a shower in our old town (where we lived before we moved a year ago). How incredibly blessed I was by it!!! Here are these people that we went to church with, shared our lives with, but haven't seen some of them in a YEAR!!! I think of them often, but as you all know, I am terrible about communication. So, I really didn't know if people would be up for coming, but I figured they would because that's just the kind of friends we are. We can not talk for awhile, but they are still all up for sending blessings my way. These people who came are the ones that experienced our adoption right at the beginning stages. They stood by us, they loved us, they supported us all through the process and even as we moved towns. One of the friends there even Divinely knew about 6 months before we started the process (really before we had shared with ANYONE) and showed up at our doorstep with some financial help and said she really felt God had told her that we might need that for something in the future. Several other families that was there got one of our letters that we had sent out asking for prayer and sent us a very helpful donation. Countless others that were at the shower have donated financial help but most of all, they have loved me (and Jude) unconditionally and prayed for our family fervently. I honestly think this is what heaven is going to be like. Seeing people you haven't seen in awhile, but loving them all the same.God is so good, friend....so good to His children.
Okay, so here are my buddies that threw the shower for me. We talk on a pretty regular basis, due to the persistant, undying attempts to do whatever it takes to get me to call/write/text back:)...that is a true friend. Love em'.
ps: they are pretty cute too...you can check them out here and here....Christie's not quite with it and doesn't have a blog yet :)
Seriously, have I not had the best cakes ever at my showers?
This is little Malachi....he is two weeks older than Ju Ju bee. Of course, I got some lovin' out on him! Poor Sabrina, I was asking her like a MILLION questions: What size shoe, what size clothes, how many teeth, how much formula, what other food, how does he sleep????? She graciously answered all my questions.
Oh my goodness....my friends know my favorite foods.....gotta love yourself some s'mores.
The girls enjoying their cake together like old times.
Rinny helped open every single gift, graciously, of course. 
Tatum ("Tamen) got in on the action a little bit, as well.
What a loot! Seriously, we have everything we could possibly need for this little guy. If a stranger came into my house today they would be sure that a nine month old lived in this house! I love it. I even just leave stuff out sometimes, like bottles, paci's, etc. just because I love walking in and seeing it out, it reminds me that before too long we will have our son in our arms!!!
5 comments:
Wow! What a great cake! And what precious friends. I know they love you so much!!! Little Jude is set when he gets home...look at all that great stuff!
Love,
Rachel
Another fun shower!! You do have quite the stash - Jude is going to love living at your house :)
Holy Moly! What a haul!!! You are more than set, now come on VISA!!!! Hugs to you...it won't be long now, and it is worth EVERY SINGLE second of waiting and then some!!! Praying for a Christmas miracle...He's into miracles you know!!!
I used to think the same...that you could look at our house and tell that a baby lived here by seeing all our stuff. But, not until we had Cheerios in every corner of the house did it really look like a baby lives here! Ha ha. Jude will be here before you know it. Soon, it will all be real. Hang in there. Praying for you!!!
Jessica
Seriously, that space saver high chair is AWESOME! Enjoy finding a place for all of your terrific new (and useful) gifts and imagining FINALLY getting to use them!
Yvonne
Post a Comment