Little Loves of my Life

Little Loves of my Life

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Operation: Christmas Child








A few weeks ago (bad blogger, I know) the kids and I participated in Operation Christmas Child sponsored by Samaritan's Purse. We picked out fun things for a girl Rinn's age and fun things for a boy Creed's age and sent it off to that organization. Samaritan's Purse, in turn, will send it overseas to a needy child as a Christmas gift. You get to pack a shoe box full of fun surprises for the children. We had tons of fun, Rinn (of course) filled hers with all sorts of princess stuff. Creed filled his with all sorts of little things...he figured out that if you take things out of the boxes, then more things fit in the shoe box. We also prayed for the little one who would receive that box and sent it off with a note. 

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I am so thankful for ministries like Samaritan's Purse - not only for what they do, but that they have developed ways to involve us beyond just sending money! Madison hopes to work for Samaritans purse one day - she'd like to work with orphans in an Asian country... hmm.. I wonder what has made her think about that? :)