You really needed to see this little rat's nest he has every morning and after every nap. It cracks me up.
Do not walk on the ice outside (note the big huge goose-egg on the top left...it really was way worse than it looks.)
The hat stayed on for .2 seconds. So cute, though.
These brothers are buddies...yes, they did still have their Christmas jammies on, give me a break...we are enjoying our time bonding, not worrying that we have had the same clothes on for a day and a half!
Okay, here is the main question for this blog: Are you a middle child and did you turn out okay? Rinn is the one I am worrying about. She is so sweet and so gets lost in the mix. Our conversation (while I was doing her nails) went like this...Me: "So, Rinn (pretending I barely know her)...I hear you have a new brother...tell me about that."
Rinn: "Yep, he's cute."
Me: "So, does he get a lot of attention?"
Rinn: "Yep, he gets lots of attention and my brother, Creed, he gets ALL the attention."
Kind of true, actually but we have been trying so hard to make it not true. That little sugar is the sweetest little thing in the world. A bit emotional, but sweet none the less.
So, I was a middle child.....hmm...welp, we better move on but Micah was also a middle child and he ended up okay. I really don't count myself as a middle child, though, because my personality was a bit like Creed's, I demanded attention and my older sis, Sky, just laid down and took it, always taking up for her little sis. So, it is kind of like I was a first child, in some sense. So, let me know....tell me she will be okay.
I honestly know she will be okay but I just worry about her little sugary self. So, in this picture I am doing something I swore I would not let ANYONE do for months after Jude was home. I let her feed him. Mind you, Micah has barely fed him because I am so possessive of this time, but Rinny needed some bonding with him and it was sweet for a second (until he started arching his back for his mom).
Family photo...this is as good as it gets, friends....I am pretty sure once you have more than 3 children you never get a photo of everyone smiling (unless, of course, you are a Woodard and then your kids are perfect and do whatever the photographer says! Well, come to think of it a Duncan too, not so much an Anderson thing though :)!!!!)

Family photo...this is as good as it gets, friends....I am pretty sure once you have more than 3 children you never get a photo of everyone smiling (unless, of course, you are a Woodard and then your kids are perfect and do whatever the photographer says! Well, come to think of it a Duncan too, not so much an Anderson thing though :)!!!!)
13 comments:
I'm a middle child, too, so I can't really say! :o) I have worried about our Jake, too. He was the "baby" for 6 years before Allyson, and I tell you, even after two years, I think we are still trying to figure it all out! I get worried if I think too hard about it! It's a hard balance, with 3, but you are going to be fine!!!
I was a middle child - between 2 older bros and a younger sis. I turned out just fine even with "beatings" from both sides. ;-)
The photo of Rinn with Jude is priceless.
I struggled with the same thing with Alli after Emery was born. My awesome mother in law gave me great advice! Let her be involved when ever she wants to.(even if it is a pain for you!) Also, after Emery was born I took Alli to a mom and tots Gymnastics class so we could do something with just the 2 of us! Rinn will do great! It just takes time to adjust. You all are great parents and it will work out!
ps. A family picture of 5 turning out good is a true miracle!!!
Oh yeah...I'm a middle child and I'm fine....or is it just me that thinks that? I did say that if I had three children, I would have to have 4 so there would not be a 'middle', so God gave me two. Confused...........seriously, being the middle child and a girl...she will make it great. God is definitely in control of your family, so quit your worrying. I love your blog and seeing your family. We lived in Korea for 13 months so Korean children are special to me, too.
Just take some mommy time with your baby girl. That's a big adjustment to going from the baby (I'm the baby!) to a middle sister overnight and since Jude is older, it might take more time for her to adjust since she didn't see him growing in your tummy for months (even though you had months of preparing for him). Let the boys hang with daddy for just an hour and take her to lunch & do something special together, just the two of you! : )It will be good for all of you! Hugs & prayers!
Hi guys. This is Pat Frost here. Just wanted to say that Rinn will be just fine. God has a plan for each one of you - all to help bring us closer to Him. Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing. So how about a 4th one? I found after #3, that #4 fit right in (that would be Ryne). :-) Love ya, Me
OMG! That's so true about the Andersons. It might be getting better? Who am I kidding, that's not true.
Anyway, what a cute family. I think that photographer (whoever that might be) did a great job of capturing that! HA HA!33
I have worried about Naia too, but since she gets to stay home with us while Xavier goes to school, she gets to be just the big sister a lot of the time. I swore I'd never have a "middle" child, so I'm sure we'll eventually have another just to take away my stress from Naia having Middle Child Syndrome as an adult!
The blessing with Rinn being the middle is that she is your only girl. My middle is my only boy. You can make sure that even though she is the middle, you can do tons of girl stuff with her and have very "girl" relationship that you won't have with your boys. It is great.
Precious thoughts and pics! Thanks for sharing your heart. Jay was a middle child and he turned out great! He's the one who everyone turns to in his fam...and the one they all rely on!
Hugs to you all,
CourtneyJ~
I've worried about Allie, too, being the middle. Though she's had the greatest adjustment of anyone, she's done pretty well. She still (at 4) will go through moments of wanting to be picked up when I'm having to carry the baby, but mostly enjoys that she can do stuff the baby can't. I do try and do special things with just here at least 2x a week, too. Even if it's just letting her help me make dinner, and everyone else goes with Daddy to read books or something. We also tell Allie baby stories about herself, so she knows we remember and treasure that time with her, too. Thanks for posting the new pics- they are adorable!
I'm the middle child...and the only girl- just like Rinn. It will be a-ok. Cody is a lot younger then I am...but I'd say it is one in the same. Make sure you have special "girls only" bonding time :0) --Shelly A.
love the family pic! can't help with the other stuff though...i was the youngest and i act like it! :) but ms. audrey did this cool class called value packed parenting and it talked about the whole first, middle, last personality thing. check it out!
Post a Comment