Little Loves of my Life

Little Loves of my Life

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Remembering the Korean War

Yesterday Micah and I went to the Korean War Memorial. It was really emotional from the moment we walked up to the building and saw the sculpture. So touching. Also, the flags were amazing. We are so happy that this was one of the first things we did in Korea.

Korea has been through so much in its existance. Many, many, many wars. It is amazing how they have come from a war-ravaged nation to an amazingly wonderful nation in just over 50 years.

Everything I saw reminded me of my grandad. Without people like him and all the men and women in South Korea's armed forces, as well as the U.S., and many other nations South Korea would not be the incredible nation it is today.

This is the first part of the sculpture that I noticed. I cried because it made me picture my grandad holding Jude and protecting him with his life.
Look at this U.S. soldier sharing joy with a little Korean boy. I wish I could remember vividly all the stories my grandad told me about his time in the Navy. Even though I cannot remember all those stories, I do know that without a doubt grandad would have interacted with the children and been loving to the Korean people (he might have gotten himself in a little mischief too!)
Wow...this is another photo that got me.



This is the sculpture you come upon right as you walk up to the Memorial. I wish the photo could depect the entire beauty of it. It shows people of all walks of life, civilian and military all pushing forward for one cause.

4 comments:

Rach@In His Hands said...

Wow...beautiful. Thanks for sharing these.
Oh, I can't wait to be there!

Tracy said...

That is great. I can't wait to experience it myself. Hope your tip continues to go great.

Tracy

Anonymous said...

WOW! I wish I could be there with you, thank you for capturing such great memories of our hero, our grandad! I love you and miss you sis! Sky

Anonymous said...

WOW! those are awesome pictures!! very touching!! love you all
madalie