An Evening of Oral Interpretation and Broadway Review
Starring: The most talented children in all the world
Directed and Produced by: The most talented directors/acting coaches/choreographer in the world (hehe....I'm making myself laugh)


My big boy's favorite stage move-arms open wide (almost jazz hands esque) singing his heart out. I'm so proud of him! :)
Check out the red head far right...seriously, I'm in love with her.
The big boy performing his oral interpretation "Sister for Sale" by Shel Silverstein.
Ree's fan club...thanks friends for coming!!
Ree got to come to class and break the rules a little. She wasn't quite old enough but since mama was teacher she got to sneak in. It was the sweetest thing in all the world to see how the other, older little students took her under their wing. It was literally like she was the little star, a little mascot. They would follow her everywhere and be there to help take care of her. When she would get nervous while performing her monologue their little faces would just beam enthusiasm and encouragement to her. It was precious. It warmed my heart.
During our practices if anyone would get nervous I would have them look out over the audience (that was full of their peers, their best buds) and I would say "Ok, look out at your friends and friends in the audience I want you to raise your hand if you love _________ and they would always respond by all raising their hands and smiling at the person on stage." It was really and honestly a picture of friendship. These kids blessed my heart every single week.Not to mention I got to teach alongside teacher extroidenare!!! (an extra bonus is that she is one of my besties).

What an extraordinary semester this was!!!! I hadn't taught or coached drama since we had moved a few years ago so when the opportunity arose to teach alongside one of my best friends, teaching homeschooled kids that I already loved (not even counting the two that belong to me)....wow!!! I knew it would be fantastic but I really had no idea it would be such a blessing. It renewed my love for coaching drama, although I had never coached this young of students. They were truly such an honor to work with. I know I learned WAYYYY more than I could have ever taught them. Every week I looked forward to it so much.

What an extraordinary semester this was!!!! I hadn't taught or coached drama since we had moved a few years ago so when the opportunity arose to teach alongside one of my best friends, teaching homeschooled kids that I already loved (not even counting the two that belong to me)....wow!!! I knew it would be fantastic but I really had no idea it would be such a blessing. It renewed my love for coaching drama, although I had never coached this young of students. They were truly such an honor to work with. I know I learned WAYYYY more than I could have ever taught them. Every week I looked forward to it so much. Our acting troupe is called "The Playroom Theatre Company". This semester we did something a little different than we had in the past. Instead of a full musical or play each child got to perform some type of oral interpretation; monologue, prose, poetry, or duet. Then, my buddy Rach choreographed three broadway musical numbers and each child got to be in one. The songs they performed were: "TEAM" from You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, "I'd do Anything" from Oliver!, and "Oh the Thinks You Can Think" from Seussical the Musical. My big boy's monologue was "Sister for Sale!" and he performed as JoJo in Thinks. Ree performed "Snuggle Puppy" by Sandra Boynton and was the Sour Kangaroo in Thinks.
All the children did a fantastic job and I am just overjoyed with the experience we had this semester! I love you Playroom Theatre Company!!!!
1 comment:
The kids are blessed to have you as a drama coach...Spending time and being coached by you is one of Maggie's favorite memories from TBC...I love reading your posts and keeping up with your family. Next time there's a performance give one of us a call and we'll come watch and support..much love - M
Post a Comment