Little Loves of my Life

Little Loves of my Life

Friday, June 20, 2008

What exactly are we "harvesting?"








We just had a ton of fun on a farm. When my sis in law asked me to go help her aunt with harvest I was really tempted to ask what exactly we would be harvesting. Upon thinking about it, I decided that would be a silly question and would make me appear as if I know nothing about farming (which would be true). So, when I got there and saw the wheat (I figured out that it was wheat only after the little 4 year old farmer explained it to me) I was excited. 

We had a blast. The kids really loved it a ton. What could be better than playing outside all day, getting dirty, and riding on a combine (that's kinda like a tractor, I found out)?

Explaination of the pics: Creed and Will were flying (I will not explain the secret but will say that there is NO photo editing on these photos!), Creed took the pic of the girls, and a pic of the cousins plus little Dakota...the little farmer that was sure to explain the difference between a pickup and a truck and a combine and a tractor, finally Micah's narration for the pic of Creed and Rinn is this Creed says "Marge, it looks like a storm is rising up in the east, we better head to the cellar."

2 comments:

Emily said...

Okay I give up. I can't figure out how you did the flying pics.

Yvonne and Eric said...

Cool flying pics! I bet it was SOOO much fun working on the farm! There are farmstays that we hope to do someday with our kids.

YvonneW