Ziploc full of surprises for Jude.
The things in the ziploc.....amazing that it all fit. 





Other gifts (saving for when he gets home)....
Creed wanted for Jude to have something that matches something that he has...so, they will be twinkies with these little track pants.
From a quick "target run".....I was just running in real quick to get a few groceries (wink)
So, this is what I have so far (see pics). We've been saving every single last penny lately and so, yep....I want a little crazy. Back to the penny pinching TODAY!!!
In addition, some great news is our friend and case worker, Jan (from our agency) is in Korea right now. Guess what she did for us?!?! She is taking a care package to our little guy. She also promised if she, by chance, got to see him that she would smother him head to toe with kisses. Yummy. So, we were able to pack a gallon size ziploc baggie full of stuff for Jude and his foster family. That's hard to do. Don't tell Jan (hehehe) but I did stretch the bag just slightly before putting my items in! Here's what we sent.....
1. Little "fish" outfit
2. A onesie with our picture as a family of 5 (Jude's pic is on the computer screen)
3. a square plush toy picture frame with pictures of each of us
4. A photo album with all our family so he can be at least familiar (aunts/uncles/grandmas, etc.)
5. Some hand cream for his foster mother
6. Some chocolate for his foster father and siblings (older)
7. A monkey "lovey" blanket that we have had for a long time. We've been sleeping with it so he will be familiar with our scent. We had it embroidered "baby K" before we knew it was our little Jude.(BTW: Creed and Rinn still really like the name "baby K" so they have STILL been referring to him in that way!)
It was amazing what I could fit in that bag.
Have I mentioned that I love this kid?!??!?!?!?!?
9 comments:
Too sweet! We missed the cutoff for getting a referral in time to send a baggie:( That's okay though! We're still spoiling him rotten here! We ordered our bedding last night and I'm going shopping with a neighbor who is 7 months along and waiting for her little boy as well! We're so excited to be shopping for little boys again here too!
How could you NOT buy at least a few things for your new baby boy??
AWW that so cool that you are able to do that!! i love all the pictures!:) have a great day! love you all!
Nat
I love it!! What a great opportunity for Jude to get to know your faces. What a comfort to his foster family that must be as well, knowing that your family already loves him so much. Love the monkey!
How fun to be able to send a package to him! I love all the stuff. It IS fun to buy for little boys :)
I LOVE that Creed wanted matching pants! What a sweetheart. Love all the stuff and hope Jan gets to see him!!
I LOVE the monkey blanket! What a great idea! How sweet Creed wanted him to have pants like him. LOVE IT! Isn't it just AWESOME buying for our babies? It makes it feel so much more real, in a time when everything feel so surreal.
Sunny, you are such a sweetheart. You thought of just the right things and making sure everyone was included. My prayer today is that the moment you and Micah hold baby Jude, He will feel at home and feel an instant connection. Love you guys,
grammy (jerri k.)
i can't wait for him to get his package and realize how much his family loves him already!
Post a Comment