Little Loves of my Life

Little Loves of my Life

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Prayers for my little one

We got a sad phone call today. Our friend at our agency called to tell us Jude had an accident at his foster home in Korea. Some scalding water splattered on him and he received second degree burns on his arm and chest. He is in the hospital now and will be for about 10-14 days. Poor little guy. We are madly in love with him and are hurting with him. I want very, very badly to hold him, comfort him, sing to him, whisper in his ear, caress his little face, tell him he is going to be okay and that mommy is right here. But, I can't. Better than that, though....I know he is in God's hand. Who better to be comforted by? 

From the preliminary report he looks to be doing well and recovering. We don't anticipate any long term problems and are awaiting a few answers from our agency in Korea. 

Things we are thankful for....

1. God is not surprised with this happening (he already knew and was already protecting Jude)
2. Jude is going to be okay
3. That little toot must be crawling (did I mention he is advanced for his age? :)....that appears to be how he got hurt....so, we are thankful that he is developing and it appears that he will be fitting right in with Creed's activity level
4. He is receiving fabulous medical care at a burn unit in a very, very modern and wonderful hospital
5. His foster mother has not left his side. Jan said that she has been there 24 hours a day. I love her so much. So, so, so much. Please say a blessing and a prayer over her, would you?

Thank you for your prayers. The verse I memorized last week sums it up....

Psalms 56:3 "When I am afraid I will trust in You. In God, whose Word I praise. In God I trust and will not be afraid."

12 comments:

Dusty and Kathryn said...

Prayers, prayers, prayers over this little guy, his foster mother, and his mommy who wants to be there with him so badly!

Yvonne and Eric said...

Oh Sunny! I can't imagine how difficult it is being a world away from Jude right now. It's wonderful to hear that his FM is with him and loves him.

Hoping for a quick and full recovery,
Yvonne

Dania Efird said...

Prayers for all of you.

Emily said...

Sunny:

I am so sad to read this news!

I am praying like mad for Jude, you guys and his foster mom.

Emily

Jerri Kersh said...

Sunny, our little Jude is going to be fine. Just think of all the prayer power going to God for him right now and the days ahead. He is a special little guy and I already love him so much. Bless you, today, sweetie. LOve you.

Shelly said...

Sunny,
I am crying for you... I can't imagine how you must feel. We will be praying for a quick recovery for Jude, and for comfort for you and Micah.

Shelly McCain

Terri Stallcop said...

I'm praying for little Jude. I found out just now where your blog is so that could send my prayers. Love and prayers to you - Terri Ellis Stallcop (grew up with your parents, Micah. Half the time I was hanging out at your grand parents house. I miss them) Love this blog!

Heather Nicole said...

Oh my Sunny!!!! Praying for sweet Jude that he will heal quickly and that the medicine for the pain would work well. I am so sorry that you can't be there with him during this time, but it sounds like his foster mother loves him as much as you do so I know she will do an amazing job caring for him.

Anonymous said...

Jude and Family, many prayers for you! I know you want to be with him and comfort him. Kira said a special prayer when I told her about baby Jude.
Kimberly

Rebecca said...

Awww. We will be praying for sweet Jude's recovery!

I love the 'abby birthday' comment! That Rinn - what a cutie :)

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for Jude and his foster mom. He will be ok. Love, Heather & Nathan Kinney

Joy Pierce said...

Praying for sweet "Baby Jude" (as Clara calls him) and for all of you too....I can only imagine how you must feel!
LY
Joy