This is your new home, Ju Ju. This is also his favorite thing to do with dad.
Bonding at 2 am this morning with mommy, taking a picture with photo booth. He slept GREAT last night. He went to bed around 8:45 and slept in his crib once he was asleep for like an hour while we got the other two babies in bed. Then, we had promised Creed he could sleep with us (you know, of course, Rinn chose to sleep in her own bed...by herself) and cuddle with Jude for a little bit. So, we moved Jude into our bed (while he was still asleep) and they got to cuddle. After Creed fell asleep, I moved Jude to the floor with me on a pallet in the living room, so it would be like he is used to sleeping with his foster mother. He slept until 1 am, and I fed him a bottle. I kept it dark in the house, hoping that he would go back to sleep. We cuddled, loved on each other, and then he stared into my eyes and started grunting....you know what that means, of course. His first BIG MAJOR blowout. All over his pants, back, onesie, head to toe basically. So, we had to turn on the lights and get him all cleaned up. He was awake at that point and stayed alert until about 3 ish. Went to sleep easily and slept until 8 am when his brother came in to cuddle up with him. So awesome. Jude and I took a nap today for about 2 hours and I feel great now. He is taking his second nap now with daddy and we will let him sleep for another hour or so.
Can you tell he kind of likes his big brother?
His little sister, who is about his size, loves to talk to him like a baby and is obsessed with his feet, who really are nearly the size of his sisters. The kid has HUGE feet and hands.

Bath time with brother and sissy. We did his mohawk hair and Creed got him to say "HIIII YAH!".
Cuddlying with bub this morning on our pallet. Notice his little lovey blanket. His foster mother said she has had it for many years, but Jee Han just loved it so much, she thought he would need it for the transition. I am so glad she thought of that, he really does love it. He sucks on the edge like it is a pacifier.

Can you tell he kind of likes his big brother?
His little sister, who is about his size, loves to talk to him like a baby and is obsessed with his feet, who really are nearly the size of his sisters. The kid has HUGE feet and hands. 
Bath time with brother and sissy. We did his mohawk hair and Creed got him to say "HIIII YAH!".
Cuddlying with bub this morning on our pallet. Notice his little lovey blanket. His foster mother said she has had it for many years, but Jee Han just loved it so much, she thought he would need it for the transition. I am so glad she thought of that, he really does love it. He sucks on the edge like it is a pacifier. 
15 comments:
I am loving the pictures! Especially the mohawk! So cute.
You don't know me but I've been following your blog. We are also adopting a baby boy from Korea. I have kept up with you since Jude burned his hand. I've prayed for him as I have our Son. Thank you so much for all your up to date info. We are two to four months away from gotcha day. Your blog has helped so much. I truly appreciate all your comments. Good luck with the transition and Congrats from someone who is going through the process.
It looks like he is adjusting well. I love the pic of him and Creed. Keep the pics/blog coming.
SO SO sweet....
Congratulations. He is wonderful.
So sweet! I love the pictures of Jude with his brother and sister. My heart hurt reading about Jude's grieveing. It is so sad, but they do adjust. I'm glad your home and last night went well.
HEY! I'm so glad you guys are home! Aren't you glad to be back with the other kiddos? I know Creed and Rinn are just loving Jude.
Wish I could have met you guys at the airport :( I had an appointment that I had to go to at 1, so I couldn't make it. I was so bummed! But, I think I totally know where you live now. I was driving down a road and saw this big sign on a front porch that said "Welcome Home Jude" and it had balloons all around it! I was thinking 'are you kidding me?' So funny! I wanted to stop by on my way back down your street - but, you know, I thought you all might need some time to bond as a family. Plus, there were quite a few cars there! :)
Love all the pics and the sweet thoughts! Glad you guys had such a great trip and brought that precious Jude home!
Hugs,
CourtneyJ
These pictures are just so great!
Soooo precious....Sunny, you are one blessed mama!
I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday when we breeze through OKC!
so glad you posted new pics- I can always count on you for great ones! He's so darling- I love the one where Rinn is squishing his cheeks! Tell her to squish them for me, once! :) I remember Annalee going through that awful grieving, too- it's terrible to watch, but so great that they had those bonds to begin with. His bond with you will just be that much better once he's done!
CourtneyS
Gorgeous pictures! It is so heartwarming to hear that your family is now together! Of course there is going to be heartache due to all of the loss, but I pray Jude will adjust quickly! I'm so thrilled for you!
Sunny, everything is so perfect! he is precious, and i cannot wait to meet him one day soon. i seriously feel the happiness from the photos. i am so proud of Jude for being so brave, and i know he will soon feel right at home. his family obviously loves him so much, and he knows it for sure! i love you guys, and i wish i was there to just watch you guys get to know each other. have fun and you will be in my prayers! love you all!
I love all the pics of him at home! He does seem so happy with his siblings. And they look like it's mutual. :)
Thanks so much for sharing these moments Sunny! They are so precious to read. It just breaks my heart in a million pieces to think of that sweet baby grieving..and his little fragile heart breaking. I can only imagine how hard it is for you to hear that cry. I'm certain that when you hold him and cuddle him and he feels your heart beat, it comforts him in an amazing way. Oh....that sweet boy! The pics or Creed and Rinn with him are precious. The expression on Rinn's face in the picture of her with her hands on his face looks just like you. Cracked me up when I saw it. We're not going to make it to church tonight, we're still a little under the weather and paranoid of germs at this point. Hope to see you soon. I'll be bringing you dinner on the 9th.
Amber
Hey Sunny! He is beautiful! Love to see him HOME. Big brother and sister look like pros already!
I am away from the computer but wanted to pop in. Will check e-mail Sunday night! KimberlyP
Post a Comment