Little Loves of my Life

Little Loves of my Life

Thursday, January 15, 2009

In our arms.....

From loving arms..... To mommy's arms....









What an incredible day. How do I describe meeting, holding, and loving my child for the first time in the flesh? Amazing. Simply amazing.
He is beautiful. He was content, timid, and loving.
We spotted him through a window in his foster mother's arms. I stood up right away and could barely breath. She came in and introduced us to our son. He gazed into our eyes, very curious. We went to a more comfortable room where she gave him to our social worker and soon after that she placed him in my arms. I did not know how he would react, or really how I would react.
I knew I had to hold it together. I would hate for his first impression of his mommy to be "whose the crazy lady and why is she sobbing?" I could not hold it in. I cried, I smelled his little neck and I kissed him all over his cheek and neck.
We then got to play with him on the ground with some toys. Mrs.Kim pointed to Micah and said "appa", which means "daddy" and he gazed into Micah's eyes. She pointed to me and said "omma,"...again, he looked into my eyes, very curious. This is when "appa" really about lost it.
After playing for awhile our social worker told us we could go look at the fish and show Jee Han and have him to ourselves for 30 minutes as long as he didn't cry too much. That is when Micah held him for the first time. He loved his daddy. Daddy even got him to smile a little bit. It is the cutest little smile you have ever seen. He smiles with one side of his lip and then realizes and it looks like he says to himself " I can't smile...be tough." Adorable. He didn't cry one time. He even laid his head on Micah's shoulder a few times.
Although he didn't appear as if he wanted to go away with us forever (he was being a little tentative), he did seem like he knew us somehow...just couldn't place it.
We love this little guy with all we are. We explained to him that we have loved him for a long time. We told him that his big brother and sister loved him very much and couldn't wait to see him. We prayed over him. We praised God.
What an amazing day....I can't imagine a better one.....well, maybe I can.....the day we get home and all my sweeties are right there all together, now that will be a glorious day!

26 comments:

Rachel Castor said...

oh, Sunny, he is beautiful! And he looks so wonderful in your arms! :). I couldn't wait to wake up this morning and check for these pictures!! We are all here praying for you and praising the Lord with you that you are with your son.
So very happy for you!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

What priceless pictures. I checked even before my eyes were really open. You will treasure these forever. How you were able to look through the lens (without tears filling your eyes), I don't know! You are so blessed.

Yvonne and Eric said...

Oh he is so adorable!! I love the picture of him smiling at Micah. Isn't that first meeting just heartstopping?

Yvonne

Unknown said...

I read this with tears in my eyes for many reasons. One, because Julie and I were just doing this only 6 months ago and words cannot describe the amazing power and spirit of God during a moment like this. The other is that Jude is essentially our son's foster-brother as they shared Mrs. Kim as a foster mom. Wow!! God is beyond good and we are praying for you all to bond and come home safely!

Anonymous said...

I love you so much and am so happy for this amazing time in your lives. Can't wait to meet Jude! You are in my prayers daily.
Love, Christie

Dusty and Kathryn said...

As soon as Cole woke up I showed him all of the pictures. He was so excited and kept saying he wanted to see pictures of Jae and Jude together! How sweet?! Soon buddy, soon.

Lindsay said...

best blog yet. great photos. he is such a doll. i love you all.

Emily said...

Great story and pics - made the pregnant lady cry. :)

Anonymous said...

oh happy day!!!! thank you so much for sharing the joy, joy, joy, unbelievable joy!

Shannon said...

Again, great pics. Tatum was jumping up and down when she saw and now realizes that we will get to meet him and play with him soon. We are so happy for you.

Love ya,

Shannon

Rach@In His Hands said...

Oh, I have chills!!! Congrats on having sweet Jude in your arms. God is so good!
Blessings on the rest of your time in Korea.
~Rachel

Dana said...

So beautiful! I'm so excited for your family. I cannot wait to meet him in person!

Mama Jessica said...

Praise God for this amazing blessing!

Lynly said...

I am so happy for you guys! Those pictures are priceless. It is so exciting to see him in your arms!

-Lynly

Anonymous said...

Micah and Sunny, It is still early in Hawaii. I woke up very early to look at the blog and see the pictures. Jude is wonderful. I am so proud of him. To call him my grandson is great. Jerri and I are so proud of you both. God has been so good to us.
We are excited about seeing Jude.
What a blessed man I am. To now have 5 perfect grandchildren.
Grandad

Anonymous said...

I am a Korean who is working with Lisa Martin at Rogers State University. She shared your story and this blog with me a while ago and sent a news today. As I read from others' comments, I read the story with joyful tears. Thank you very much for your love and care for a young God's servant. It is my prayer that God would provide you and your family many blessing and joy through him. THANK YOU AGAIN... Jae-Ho Kim

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!! tears in my eyes,, ok streaming down my face lokking at the pictures with you all!! he fits so PERFECT! Praise God!! i love you all! can't wait to see him live in your arms love you all
madalie

Anonymous said...

WOW!! There are no words to describe this miracle of God bringing a family together so many miles apart. I am hanging on every picture and moment. Can't wait to experience this too! We LOVE you guys! Praise God for children!

Brad and Jessica said...

Praise the LORD!!! Saul and I enjoyed seeing Jude first thing this morning. Congratulations!!! I love his sweet toothy smile. Just a few more days until he is with you forever.... Have a blast in Korea!!!
JessicaCo

Anonymous said...

Hello Micah and Sunny and Baby Jude!! How exciting that Jude will always get to celebrate his birthday on April 11 and his "gotcha day" on January 16th! We are rejoicing with you and your whole family!

Sue said...

I loved these pictures and the blog. It is all so beautiful and full of love and happiness and joy and you can feel God's presence in all of this. Thank you for lettng Paul share with us.
Sue Clifton (Shari Murphy's mom) and co-worker of Paul at the BFO TUlsa office. Sonny, you are always welcome in our home and your entire family, too. We served in the army in Korea 37 years ago and I know how beautiful and loving those babies are. Your famly is so blessed!!

Anonymous said...

I stayed up late tonight hoping you would post again because I can't wait to hear more! I sat at my desk today & bawled some more looking at your pics & reading the blog. The picture of you crying was too much. Wow. I loved it. So much emotion from all these months of waiting! Praying for a smooth flight home and a quick and easy transition into Jude's new life in America.
Christy Thompson

Marlene said...

We are so happy for your family. Jude is so beautiful and looks just perfect in your arms! Can't wait to meet him. We love you guys!

the jordan's said...

I just finished putting on my makeup and decided to check your blog while I was waiting for everyone to get ready...needless to say...I need to do a little touch up! Praying for you guys and soooo soooo thrilled for you guys. Big Hus to you both.

CourtneyJ

Justin Jameses said...

Amazing! What a beautiful union of this little man into your lives. God has chosen your family for this day. You are blessed and Jude is blessed to call you his.
Blessings, Bob & Melissa James

Chadzilla said...

Congratulations. Have a safe trip home!!!