
I usually really stink at these blog tag thingy's...but, since it was from my buddy Ash, I decided to actually follow through :)Here is my fourth picture in my fourth album in my computer's iphoto. This second picture of my grandad (little guy) and one of his sisters.
Lately, it seems I have been thinking a lot about my grandad. He was like my dad. He gave me away at my wedding, he had "talks" with me about life, and he was my hero.
He was the wisest person I have ever met and could fix absolutely anything. He loved me more than life itself and there is not a shred of doubt in my mind that he would have died for me. His love was deep and I still think of him very often.
He died 5 years ago and I am so happy he at least got to meet Creed.
I also remember all the stories he told me about his service in the Navy. I used to love to sit and listen to those stories. He fought in the Korean War. He helped to make South Korea the free and amazing country it is today. He made it possible for my son to be my son, and I also know, without a doubt, he would have given his life for my little Jee Han.
God is good that he allowed me to be with my grandfather, literally sleeping by his side, when he was escorted into heaven by our Heavenly Father.
7 comments:
WOW... that is wonderful. He sounds like a great man to have known.
Tracy
Hey Baby, I'm sure you know that I can only read one paragraph at a time on this one, take a break and read some more. Since your experience with my daddy perfectly matches mine, we can assume that he did indeed embrace as strong a character as is humanly possible. An unrecognized (to the rest of the world) hero. He sits with God this day. His legacy lives on through you and will again and again, as I see much of that same character living in you. I love you. Mom
thanks for doing my tag! i was pleasantly surprised! :) it was a perfect picture, and i am glad you got to look at it again and tell us all about him. i know how much he meant to you, and you're mom is right, you have so many of the qualities that he taught you, and we all love him for that! :) i can't wait to hear that you get to leave one day this week...praying hard! love you!
I LOVED reading this today. :) Over this past weekend through several experiences God has once again shown me how incredibly blessed I am through the family I have been given. I am so happy you had such and amazing grandfather who gave so much of his life to you. And I can tell you don't take one minute of your time with him for granted! And of course how blessed we are to know we will see our loved ones again! Thanks for this post. It meant a lot! :)
I would agree, he was great. Everytime I go see my parents, I drive by the house. I loved those Christmas parties and that crazy snoring Santa :0) One of my most vivid childhood memories. --Shelly
Like I wasn't emotional enough today thinking about our little Jude! I love you and miss our hero! We are so lucky, sky
Post a Comment