The long treck is complete. We arrived in Seoul a few hours ago. The trip was long and uneventful, except that we did a lot of eating. Three meals to be exact on the way from DFW to Tokyo, and one meal from Tokyo to Seoul.
Micah and I both did a lot of reading on the plane. Unfortunatly, I forgot my book that my friend sent with me but I am so glad that I bought one at the airport. I read like a 250 page book.
Honestly, I have no idea how I am even functioning. I have always wondered how adoptive parents do it. How do they concentrate on anything knowing that in just 12 short hours (for us,now) we will be seeing our child for the first time. All I can say is, it is totally a miracle from God that I am not blubbering around Eastern.
We are both exhausted and didn't sleep much on the plane (yes, even with a little assistance from my friend, Ambien). I cannot believe that we are going to see Jude tomorrow. I really don't know how I will react. I have to try to maintain some sort of composure so that his first impression of me is not "who is the crazy lady with the ugly cry?"
CST 7pm Thursday we will be meeting Jude for the first time. Pray. Pray.Pray.
We love you.
26 comments:
I am praying! I can't even imagine the excitment you feel right now. WOW...
Glad you made it safely. I look forward to the next post!
Tracy
So glad you guys made it safely! Thanks for updating! Praying for your visit tonight! Have a wonderful day in Seoul!
Hugs,
CourtneyJ
I was praying for you guys as I fell asleep last night, knowing you were so close to Jude's country. It will be a precious, precious day forever in your hearts!!! I'm so glad you made it safe and sound. And I cannot wait to see pictures and hear all about meeting Jude. Praying for you today!!!
Love ya!
Joy
YAY!! SUNNY!! Kiss the ground at Eastern for me... I left a part of my soul there. For a really big treat, ask them if you can attend their weekly chapel service. Bring tissues. LOVE AND HUGS TO PRECIOUS BABY JUDE!!!!
Marla Stuart (Michelle Werners friend)
Praying!
Enjoy each moment in Korea.
~Rachel
sunny...i love your ugly cry, and i know jude will too! i can't believe that at 7:00 tonight our time you will be seeing jude for the first time. wow! i have a bible study at that time, and i will ask the girls to lift up a special prayer for you all! i love you so much and i pray that God moves in a mighty way in your little family today!
Yeah! Your there!!! I'm assuming you took AA there and they DO feed you like mad on that flight!
Oh, I can't wait to read your next post...come on 10.a.m.!!!!!
Hugs!
Dana
YES YES YES YES!! Praise God!! I'm so EXCITED right now!! i can't wait to see more post with him in your arms!! I love you all and so glad you got there safely!:)
Madalie
praying! i can't imagine what you're feeling right now! i know God will give you peace and exactly what else you might need!!
love you friend!
So glad you made it safely to Eastern. I will be sure to pray tonight!
JessicaCo
Micah and Sunny, we are so excited and we've been praying for you nearly all day off and on. Having a great time in Hawaii. Give Jude a little hug from his grammy and grandad. Praise our wonderful Heavenly Father.
I am so glad to hear you made it, Sunny and Micah. You are in my prayers. Looking forward to seeing you at the airport. Love you, Pat Frost
Glad you made it there safely! Can't wait to see you holding Jude!
Yvonne
YEA!!!! So excited for you! We are praying for you! And Sunny Jude will love whatever face you make. :)
Crying again! I love you so much sis! I am so emotional I can't even imagine what you are going through right now! I love your growing family so much! Sky
So excited for you all. We are praying for you...The Cupp Crew
YAY!! you're there! We never slept much on the plane either. We will definitely be praying tonight at 7! We just cannot wait to hear all about your first meeting!!
"this is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made...." My heart is singing praise for you! I can only imagine how fast your heart is beating right now. It's 4:35 cst, I will be watching the clock this evening. Wow...how exciting!!
Amber Smith
So glad you made it! You are just 2 hours away from meeting that sweet boy! We will be praying that everything goes smoothly! Do the ugly cry.. it's okay! They've seen it before, I know I did it! You just can't help yourself! Can't wait to see pictures of you together at last!
Oh my gosh! I'm sitting here blubbering reading this. I'm so excited for you. I know the overwhelming excitement that I have to meet my baby Cole & I know you are beside yourselves waiting to meet your baby Jude. Our God is SO good to us. He is a mighty GOd that answers the cries and prayers of our hearts. My thoughts & prayers are with you. 1 hour & 47 minutes to go!
With love & prayers,
Mark & Christy Thompson
Micah and Sunny-
Thinking of you all like crazy today and praying through the day! I cannot believe the day has finally come! Cannot wait to read what you have to say about seeing him for the first time!!!
Right now, you have your son in your arms, and we couldn't be more thrilled! So glad you made it safely, and we are praying for Jude's heart to be softened towards his parents who love him with all of their hearts!
Love ya,
Bethany
Oh I am so excited!!!! So glad you made it to Korea safely.
Your big sis and your precious nieces and nephews have been praying since a little before 7:00 our time, we are praying that Jude feels the love the minute he lays those big dark eyes on him mommy and daddy! We love you!
Going to Charleston's tonight...thinking "it's almost time" and saying a quick prayer for each of you. Leaving Charleston's at 6:45pm CST...praying for all of you, especially little Jude! 7:00pm....driving up to church for Grief Share....praying for each of you, knowing IT IS TIME!!! Wishing I could see your face, yet treasuring that you are sharing this special moment in your lives, just as you should be, just with mommy, daddy and precious little Jude! Oh....I'm praying for pictures when I wake up! God is so good!
Love ya!
Joy
Congrats, very exciting. Answered prayers. --Shelly
Post a Comment