Little Loves of my Life

Little Loves of my Life

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Play Group











These are some of our buddies that we have had for a very long time. Jacq and I were pregnant together with our first through the whole thing. Heidi and I have been friends for nearly as long. Even though we don't see each other as often as we used to, I still just love em' (and their kiddos) a ton. Plus, aren't their kids cute? Good grief. I cannot believe how big they are getting. 

Adoption update: Tough couple weeks still. Reading a few things makes me believe that the process of getting our child home will take a little longer than we expected. Way frustrating. I really, really, really, really (did I say really?) want baby "k" home by Christmas. Looking like that is getting more and more like a stretch. If not, I am really thinking about postponing Christmas until baby "k" comes home. Afterall, we are really supposed to celebrate Jesus every day, right? So, what's the problem with waiting a little while? 

Really, if you think of it, please pray for us. These last few weeks it just seems like we are bombarded with sad news articles about adoption, other sad adoption news, etc., etc. Trying not to focus on the negatives, but this adoption thing is hard, hard, hard. So thankful that we know we are called and know that the benefits WAY outweigh the costs....still hard none the less. Thanks guys.

4 comments:

Dusty and Kathryn said...

We are praying for you and for "baby K"!

Dania Efird said...

We know how you feel! It's been hard the past couple of weeks with all the stuff going on in the adoption world. Prayers for you guys.

Hayley said...

Hi Sunny,

I know - there are so many highs and lows on this journey. Someone even went as far as to tell me I had a baby "the easy way" (referring to our adoption). Can you believe that?!? There is nothing easy about waiting for your child to become known to you, and then to have to wait until you can finally see them, hold them, smell them.

All I can say is, hang in there. As difficult as this point is right now, once your baby is home in your arms - all this waiting will somehow seem like a distant memory. Plus, keep reminding yourself - baby K is worth the wait!!

Hayley (fellow Dillon forum friend)

Yvonne and Eric said...

I am so with you on the frustration of waiting. Try to remember that your baby is being loved in preparation to join his/her forever family. I know, the whole "his/her" "s/he" thing is so hard to keep up! We ended up just using male pronouns because of the likelihood of receiving a boy referral - that helped us have a firmer picture of our baby.

I'm thinking of you and hope your baby is revealed to you soon.

Yvonne