Little Loves of my Life

Little Loves of my Life

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Busy...but not too busy

We are super busy with school, but not too busy to think about baby "k." Missing my little one dearly today. The forum (where all our friends announce they have received referrals) is just been very strangely quiet lately. It seems to have really slowed down. As the days pass it is seeming less and less likely that baby "k" will be home by Christmas. I'm sad. I'm willing to wait forever, if that's what it takes...just hoping it doesn't take forever.

"His thoughts are higher than my thoughts, His ways higher than mine. As the heavens are higher than the earth so are his thoughts higher than mine and His ways than my ways."

Is 55:8,9


11 comments:

The Wehr's said...

Totally bummed with you. Patience is not a virtue of mine when it comes to waiting for a new baby. You and baby K are in my prayers.

Chad and Dana said...

Been thinking about you a lot this week. I must have checked your blog at least 10 times this week hoping for some news. Hang.In.There. You are so, so, so, close! By my estimation (not scientific or anything :-), referrals seem to really flow the second week of each month. Praying that this time next week your phone rings with the call of your dreams! Hugs to you friend!

Dania Efird said...

We had the same thoughts today. Nothing is happening on the forum and it does seem as if things have slowed way down. Hopefully September will be full of surprises!

courtney said...

Hang on to HIM, Friend!! Remember when you were pregnant? It wasn't time for those sweet babies to come out until you were REALLY miserable and dying to meet them. I found it was the same with the adoption: I actually hit that "I CAN NOT wait anymore!!" point, then, BAM, referral! I'm waiting to see your referral post soon! Call/e-mail me if you want to chat!

Rachel Castor said...

Praying with you, still, friend...
Love,
Rachel

Dusty and Kathryn said...

COME ON BABY K (and bring your buddies too!) - WE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU!!!!!!

Joy Pierce said...

Oh Sunny! I so remember those days of waiting! The sick feeling in your stomach when there is no news....good or bad. Not knowing anything seemed worse than hearing something at all. I am praying for your mommy heart that longs for your little one. It is so hard to explain the physical longing for them, but it is SO real. Praying we'll be celebrating seeing Baby K's face soon! Today is our 2 year anniversary of Gotcha Day....somehow the time after all the waiting goes by way too fast!
Love ya, Joy

KristenMc said...

Our family has sensed the "slowdown" as well...that forum really has to light up soon with great news for all! We pray that baby K is revealed to you very, very soon!

-Kristen, fellow waiter & Dillon buddy

Anonymous said...

Oh,Baby. You have NEVER in your life been thought of as patient. Tsk, tsk. Don't you know that Gramsey has helped pick out the perfect child for YOU and she would be very patient for you...to make sure everything is in perfect alignment with His will. You sit back and take pause, knowing this isn't for YOU to control. Enjoy even these days waiting, knowing that you are in the middle of experiencing life's most awesome responsibility ... raising a Christian family. You are awesome and I love you. Mom/Mim

Shelly said...

It's going to come.... we recieved our referral for Allyson after 17 months on the waiting list... and it came out of the blue when we were least expecting it! Our referral came in October, so keep your chin up.... that picture will come! Can't wait to see the news on your blog!!!
Shelly McCain

Anonymous said...

Everytime I log on to the forum I am just hoping to see that referral announcement from you!!! It has to be just right around the corner.