Little Loves of my Life

Little Loves of my Life

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Louis...Louis...Louis...

This is what you call REE-Dic-U-Luss. Insane. So, my mom (she's crazy) works in sales. Some of the office workers for her clients knew she was coming to NYC and so they all know she comes back with great purses. Seriously, they printed off cards with pictures of knock-offs that they wanted. Many of them were texting her with their orders while we were at the airport. It's like she was a bookie. 

You would not believe this place we went to down on Canal Street today. My mom knew right which shop to go to (scary) and she mentioned she has "done business" with them before. (Sounding strangely like a drug deal, I know). We got there and looked around and my mom says quietly to one of the guys working there "do you have a backroom?" and as if testing my mom, the guy replies "They have a bathroom down on the corner at the hotel." Nope, my mom was having none of it. She whispers back "No, a BACK room...you know, bags." He promptly and quietly nods at another lady in the shop and says to us "follow her." She leads us to a "Secret passage"...not kidding, it was an invisible door that just looked like the wall, down some stairs, and to the "backroom" full of Coach bags, Chanel, Dooneys, etc. It was hilarious. 

So, I went to work (for those of you who know me I LOVE talking people down, making bargains, buying cars, etc.). Yep, the picture sums it up pretty well. Yes, my mom bought ALL of those purses pictured. Unfortunately, this shop didn't sell Louis Vuitton. She needed at least one "Louis." The lady said "no, I don't do business in Louis...you have to find those on the streets hidden." Okie Dokie. Sure enough as we were walking down the street as soon as the cop was out of site the "dealers" would walk by and whisper "louis....louis....louis..." Yes, I am serious. Yes, my mom did buy one from one of these guys. Yes, I did think we were going to get killed. 

Pray for my mom...this is a serious problem:) Luckily, we are safely tucked away in my brothers apartment now. 

4 comments:

Dusty and Kathryn said...

I am cracking up! So glad you guys are having fun!

Joy Pierce said...

That is hysterical!!! Your mom is a hoot! We must meet! What a fun trip you are having, enjoy every minute!
Joy

Dania Efird said...

My mom said they couldn't find Louis b/c of all the extra security around this weekend in NYC! It was the UN big meeting this weekend and someone said that b/c of that they were all in hiding! They did shop on Canal Street though! I love all the purses!

Bart Sego said...

I love this story. I can so relate-because I have been to a back room in NYC on Canal street. Wish I had known you were going- I could have used a Coach purse as a Christmas gift for my middle schooler! Sounds like fun!

Gena